Heirloom tomatoes from my garden

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Working Stiff

Well, my status of unemployment has ended as of January 9th.  I received a call from a firm I worked for about 6 years ago asking if I was interested in the Office Manager position that just opened up.  Although being off for a couple of months was nice as far as not having to be somewhere, it sucked when I had to call and inquire about job positions only to be told there weren't any.  I was just about ready to go outside my comfort zone of the familiar and actually applied for a job in another state working for the Department of Agriculture.  Seeing as how I've not received so much as an acknowledgement for the application, I feel reasonably sure that I was not even in the running since I've not heard anything in about a month. 

The good thing I've gleaned from this experience is that I realize now what is most important in the way I spend my money and have goals to retire my debt by September of this year, save enough to dig the water well on our property, save up for the new roof and help my husband to retire his debt perhaps by the end of next year or shortly thereafter. 

I've been trying to follow the Nutrisystem guidelines while cooking meals myself and have, over the past week, been eating salads for lunch with a small portion of entreé with protein snacks and fruit and drink up to 2 liters of water a day aside from my 2 mugs of coffee.  I've also been doing my rehab exercises on my sprained foot and seem to be improving there. 

Additionally, I've been working on the simplification issue - one room at a time. 

Until later...have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment